ATG free for RTOs!
The Assessment Tool Generator (ATG) is a powerful learning aid for demonstrating assessment tool creation during your face-to-face or online classes. And it's povided free to Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and trainers who deliver TAE products and, in particular, unit TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools.
RTOs and their trainers may contact us here to arrange free access.
Unit TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools is typically the most expensive unit to service within the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment due to the higher average student assessment resubmission rate and associated assessment expense.
Resubmission rates and relative costs*
*Percentage of all assessment submissions requiring a resubmission. TAE40116 result exlcludes TAEASS502 and includes elective BSBCMM401. Based on 2019 sample of 1,015 TAE40116 graduates.
Two or three extra TAEASS502 assessment resubmissions per student may well require one to two hours to assess, with an approximate assessment cost of $50 to $100. This means that your TAEASS502 students' resubmissions alone represent a total expense of $50,000 to $100,000 for every 1,000 TAE4 students!
However, although TAEASS502 is indeed a challenging unit, our research showed that over 75% of student resubmissions resulted from only three issues:
Students incorrectly transfer data between the unit, assessment plan and assessment instruments
Students select inappropriate assessment methods / instruments, and
Students are unable to transform the assessment tasks into suitable student instructions or assessment scenarios.
How the ATG helps
By addressing these issues, the ATG:
Reduces the average student assessment resubmission rate, thus lowering your average assessment cost per student
Ensures authenticity of students' submitted work using advanced security features including multi user account monitoring and the presence of a user name watermark in the final downloaded PDF tool.
In addition, SAA provides TAE RTOs and trainers who use the ATG with:
- Free and unrestricted use and distribution of the eBook TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools, and
- Heavily discounted prices for bulk purchases of the paper textbooks TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools and Training the Trainer (Attaining the TAE40116).
- Our trainer resources including video guidance on using the ATG as a learning aid.
Referral and volume license purchase options
There are also two options for you to assist your students in accessing the ATG themselves:
- RTOs can purchase volume student licenses for their students' use at heavily discounted rates, with the cost typically fully recovered by the reduced assessment resubmission expense; or
- RTOs and trainers can use our referal program.
Simple yet powerful learning aid: Assessment tool planning